What if I was convicted in another state?
If you have been convicted of a felony in another state, you are not eligible to vote in Iowa unless you have had your citizenship rights restored. Although the Governor of Iowa cannot grant a full pardon for a crime committed in another state, the Governor can restore your right to vote and hold public office within Iowa. For more information, please call the Auditor's Office at 563-245-1106.

Show All Answers

1. What is a restoration of citizenship rights?
2. What if my conviction was for a federal crime?
3. What if I was convicted in another state?
4. What is the process for seeking to have my citizenship rights restored?
5. What happens if an individual re-offends?
6. What if I still have questions about restoration of citizenship rights?