Office location: Courthouse
Position: Elected to four year terms
The County Auditor is the ex-officio clerk of the Board of Supervisors and the following are some of his duties:
- Custodian of the courthouse & grounds
- Enters all real estate deeds in plat and transfer books
- Maintains the official plat book and record of owners of real estate
- Custodian of the bond of all county officials
- Keeps a record of the proceeding of the Board of Supervisors and publishes the proceedings in the official newspapers of the county
- Assesses property omitted by the County Assessor and the Board of Review
- Keeps and records reports of county officers and townships
- Prepares the county budget
- Issues retail cigarette permits, beer and liquor licenses
- Computes tax levies, prepares tax list and certifies the same to the County Treasurer for collection
- Issues warrants of the County Treasurer for claims allowed by the Board of Supervisors
- Maintains records of accounts of county patients at state hospitals
- Prepares a ledger account of receipts and disbursements from the various funds
- Reports to the Department of Management, Department of Revenue & Finance, Secretary of State, State Registrar of Voters, Department of Human Services, Department of Natural Resources, Auditor of State, Treasurer of State, and Department of Economic Development
- Prepare and publish financial report
- Prepare county payrolls, accounts receivable, and accounts payable
- Certify an abstract of taxes
- Agent for Board of Supervisors for sale of surplus property
- Act as central grants administrator
- Courthouse computer system coordinator
- Prepares the agenda for the Board of Supervisors
- Files manure management plans for public viewing
- Election duties:
- Clerk of the official canvass of elections
- Supervision of lay-out and printing of all ballots
- Custodian of the voting machines
- Register voters & maintains those records
- Supervision of delivery of ballots including absentees
- Recruit & train precinct election workers
- Publish legal notice of upcoming elections
- Claims Listings
Here you will find monthly listings of claims paid by Clayton County. All claims for payment against the County of Clayton must be submitted separately by fund. Accounts Payable are paid twice a month after approval by the department head and the County Board of Supervisors.
- Election Information
Information regarding elections held in Clayton County.
- Financial Reports
Access to Clayton County financial reports.
- Fiscal Year Wage Reports
Reports showing wages paid by Clayton County for a given fiscal year.
Applications for permits handled by the Auditor's Office.
- Tax Levy Rates
Clayton County tax levy rates from 2005 to the present.