How do I change my address or re-register?
If you move within Clayton County or would like to change any other registration information, you may change your registration by mail. Enter the changes on the reverse side of your voter card or complete a new voter registration application and mail it to the Auditor's Office. You may also change your registration in person at the Auditor's Office during business hours, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.

If you are already registered in Clayton County and have moved within the county, you may change your address when voting absentee or at the polls on Election Day. To change your address on Election Day, go to your new polling place and bring a photo ID (one with your old address is okay). You'll save time on Election Day if you update your registration ahead of time.

If you move from Clayton County to another county or state, you must re-register in your new county of residence. When you re-register, indicate on your application that you were previously registered in Clayton County, Iowa, so officials in your new community can notify us to remove your name from our rolls. For more information, please visit the Addresses for all County Auditors in Iowa page.

Show All Answers

1. How do I register to vote?
2. How do I change my address or re-register?
3. How can I register to vote by mail?
4. How can I update my information? Can I do so on the phone or online?
5. How can I get a mistake fixed on my voter card?
6. How can I change the party on my registration?